Driver license

Driving a motorbike is the last thing I would suggest. There are many accidents. Tourist do not drive a motorbike!! For the foreigners who are staying in Thailand for work buy a car. Better is it to get a Thai driver licence. This is how to do it: 1. get a work permit or a residence address certificate (300THB) from embassy or immigration office.
2. With that paper you go to transport department
3. bring passport with visa
4. bring copy of passport fotopage & copy of passport visa page 10THB
5. get a doctors report (not older than 1 month) 100THB
6. Bring your international driver license with translation in English (Dutchmen get this at ANWB). See Convention on international road traffic of 19 september 1968, 1949.
7. pay 105THB at registration desk
8. pay 110THB at the card supply desk
First time you get a Thai driver license for 1 year. Next time it can be for 5 years. Drive safely and please take care of the motorbikes

This entry was posted in Legal issues, Pratical info and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Driver license

  1. admin says:

    Hoi Peter, een visum langer dan een maand is alleen bij een ambassade te krijgen. Kijk ook eens op onze pagina
    Wat betreft het verschil tussen de cijfer en letter 0 en O. Nederland heeft als beleid dat in het paspoortnummer geen letter O wordt gebruikt.
    Succes, Van harte welkom in Thailand

  2. Peter says:

    Ik wil voor drie maanden in Thailand blijven. Wat is er mogelijk? en weet jij het verschil tussen de 0 en O in het paspoortnummer?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.